Alma Property Partners is committed to regularly evaluating Environmental, Social and Governance issues and taking action, both short-term and long-term, to improve the sustainability and operational efficiency of the property investments. All ESG actions must be consistent with the financial and operational objectives expected by key stakeholders. Alma is a member of the UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (“PRI”) since 2020 and we are committed to the six principles reflecting responsible investment practices. As part of our membership with PRI, we are committed to:
- incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes;
- be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices;
- seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest;
- promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry;
- work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles; and
- report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Responsible investment is an integrated aspect of Alma’s investment processes that incorporates environmental, social and governance factors into investment decisions to better manage risk and generate sustainable, long-term results which is reflected in our our Responsible Investment Policy
Statement on sustainability-related disclosures in the financial services sector, regulation (EU) 2019/2088 of the European parliament and of the council of 27 November 2019 on sustainability-related disclosures in the financial services sector.
Alma Property Partners is a signatory to the UN-supported Principles of Responsible Investment and adheres to the Principles for Responsible Investment which is applied in the processes for decision-making, responsible investments, due diligence and reporting.
Alma Property Partners do not promote any particular environmental or social characteristics with respect to its funds. The funds do not have a sustainable investment objective within the meaning of SFDR.
Sustainability risk policies
Alma Property Partners evaluates sustainability risk in its investment decision-making process in accordance with its responsible investment policy, environmental, social and governance policy and asset management policy.
Sustainability risks is integrated in the Alma Property Partners investment decision-making process.
- Identification of sustainability risks in the due diligence of potential acquisition of real estate.
- An action plan to eradicate or minimize the sustainability risk is put in place before the final investment decision is made by the Investment Committee. If the risk is seemed too severe, a decision is made to not move ahead with the acquisition.
- Identified sustainability risks is monitored and action plan followed up continuously under the active ownership and strategic delivery of added value of the real estate investments.
- The reduction of energy consumption and environmental certification of real estate is an integrated part of the Alma Property Partners value creation process for real estate where this is deemed economically viable.
No consideration of sustainability adverse impacts
Alma Property Partners does not consider the principal adverse impacts of investment decisions on sustainability factors for real estate in our investment decisions during 2021. Alma will evaluate the consideration of the principal adverse impacts of investment decisions on sustainability factors for real estate on an annual basis.
The consideration of the principal adverse impacts of investment decisions on sustainability factors for real estate on Alma’s behalf will require collection of readily available and satisfactory information for sustainability factors. Alma Property Partners does not believe information for sustainability factors with satisfying quality is available at present to enable adequate monitoring of Alma Property Partners adverse impacts of our investment decisions.
Remuneration policies in relation to the integration of sustainability risks
Sustainability risk are considered in the remuneration of key personnel that make investment decisions or provide investment advice. Compensation to employees must comply with Alma’s renumeration policy and environmental, social and governance policy.
Alma Property Partners is a signatory of the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), the world’s leading proponent of responsible investment with over 3000 signatories globally.
Alma Property Partners is a member of the Sweden Green Building Council, a non-profit organization owned by its members, open to all companies and organizations within the Swedish construction and real estate sector who wish to develop and influence of environmental and sustainability work in the industry.